Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Albertsons Florida Blog - Celebrating One Year on the Web!


     I can't believe that one year ago today, I was sitting in front of my computer clicking the publish button for my first post, thinking "Will anybody really care about Albertsons Florida? Am I crazy for doing this?" Well, 365 days and 16,000+ hits later, my thinking has definitely changed! Other people really do care about Albertsons Florida, and here's a sampling of what others have had to say about the blog over the last year:

"I just wanted to tell you this blog is awesome...this website has been very interesting to read." - Graham of the Retro Palm Beach blog, e-mail comment

"Wow! I admire your dedication to this. Definitely brought back memories since I used to work there. Thanks for sharing." - Anonymous commentor on Former Albertsons #4466 - Port St. Lucie, FL

"I just wanted to write you a quick note to tell you I adore your photo blog!...Keep up the great work!" - Adam Riches, e-mail comment

"Happy to have found this site former produce manager at 4372 Sarasota" - Anonymous commentor on the Store List

"I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your blog on the former Indian Harbour Beach Albertsons. You took great photos..." - Ropday, e-mail comment

"Congratulations for taking the plunge into blogging. I've been hoping for years that other people would get blogs going to show supermarket chains in other parts of the country." - The Acme Style Blogger, e-mail comment

     Going out and exploring all of these stores is a very interesting experience, and my photography skills have definitely been improving since I first began the blog. Although I wish I could have gone to explore more former Albertsons stores over the past year, it just wasn't meant to be. In total, 6 former Albertsons and 2 planned Albertsons stores were featured here over the last year in detail, which I will list below. Like I said before and so many times in the past, I really wish those totals could have been higher. 

     Anyway, out of the 27 posts currently live on the blog, two posts stood out above the rest, generating more hits than most of the others combined. The first, March's Will Kroger be the Next Supermarket Chain to Attempt Florida?, which addressed the rumors that have been swirling around about Kroger entering the state and a little background about their first failed attempt, was the most popular post I've done so far. There are a lot of people who really want to see Kroger come to Florida! Just read some of the pleas in the comments section of that post. The second most popular post, which generated almost as many hits as the Kroger post, was my documentation of Former Albertsons #4466 - Port St. Lucie, FL, an abandoned early 2000's store that once had a very strong following. That post features some of my best photos to date, and is my favorite post so far. If you're new to the blog and haven't read that post yet, definitely take the time to read it. Overall though, the Albertsons Florida Store List is the most popular attraction to the site, and the most complete list of Albertsons Florida (and Alabama) stores anywhere on the internet. 

     Thank you everyone for your support and contributions to the blog over the past year. And thank you for finding interest in my blog and for all the kind words I've received. I'd also like to give a special thanks the Acme Style blog for giving me the inspiration to start my own blog, and for helping to bring readers here back in the very beginning. I hope that next year I can bring even more stores to the blog than I did this year. There's still lots of adventures to be done, because I still have approx. 164 more stores to go until I have them the all featured here! Feel free to peruse the posts from the past year, reread your favorite entries, or discover something new. 

     Thanks for visiting the Albertsons Florida Blog, and be sure to check out the new store post below! And Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year! And don't eat all 12 Roasts of Christmas at once!

See you soon,
The Albertsons Florida Blogger

Former Albertsons #4466 - Port St. Lucie, FL
A Year in Review:

Former stores covered:


Planned Stores Covered:


Albertsons Florida Store Count: 4

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog! I have such fond memories of working at the Delray Beach Linton BLVD location. Are you going to cover that location this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found us! Due to transportation issues at the moment, I don't know when I'll ever make it down that way yet to visit the Delray Beach store, although I've had a lot of interest expressed in the Palm Beach County locations.

      Delete