News broke yesterday that SEG will be closing 22 stores across the Southeast by March 25, 2019. However, only today was the full list revealed. Out of those 22 stores, 14 of them are BI-LOs as well as a Harvey's in South Carolina. Below is the list of stores closing in Florida, which include 7 Winn-Dixies and 1 Harvey's:
- Winn-Dixie: 4360 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33409 (I was surprised by this one, as I thought this was a busy store from what I've heard. Still an untouched late 90's Marketplace era store.)
- Winn-Dixie: 3435 N Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach, FL 33064 (This store has a really rare version of the Marketplace interior used around the year 2000, with the flat Purple/Maroon aisle signs and wall signage on a black background.)
- Winn-Dixie: 1850 N. Tamiami Trail, N. Ft. Myers, FL 33903 (a really old store with the original 70's/80's logo, Marketplace interior inside)
- Winn-Dixie: 179 Bloomingdale Ave., Brandon, FL 33511 (Former A&P Family Mart store, given a cheap remodel to the Transformational decor)
- Winn-Dixie: 5975 Mobile Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32526 (A nicely kept Winn-Dixie with the post-bankruptcy interior)
- Winn-Dixie: 7840 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (The Chinese themed Winn-Dixie that was formerly a Gooding's. This one is really a must-see. I did a post on this store, which you can read here)
- Winn-Dixie: 5732 N. Hiawassee Road, Orlando, FL 32810 (an essentially untouched late 90's Marketplace store).
- Harvey's Supermarket: 2640 NE 14th Street, Ocala, FL 34470 (This store converted from a Winn-Dixie in 2017)
For the full list of effected locations outside of Florida, you can find that here, as well as more information on the closings.
Anyway, it's sad seeing the Chinese Winn-Dixie close, as that store had a lot of potential. However, like the last Goodings, Winn-Dixie essentially turned that store into an overpriced tourist mart left to rot. But since the store is closing, I can't help but think that the fixtures sale at that store is going to be quite the interesting one! Does anybody out there need a life-size panda figurine for the living room or a pagoda for the backyard?!?! I'll have to check my road trip schedule to see if I can squeeze in, at the very least, a final trip to the Chinese Winn-Dixie and possibly the one Winn-Dixie in West Orlando that is closing sometime in March.
So that's all I have for now. A big thanks to everyone who commented or emailed me about this news!